Fantom Technical Update | 10th June 2020
Since the last technical update, the team has been working on improving the efficiency of how the network and nodes interact in certain circumstances to reduce offline time, writing unit tests for the Oracle, modifying the SFC for a potential new rewards schedule, and further increasing the performance of Lachesis.
This week, we also announced the release of the first version of the PWA Fantom Wallet, which contains BNBridge integration, new SFC functions such as increasing delegation, claiming rewards, and partial undelegation functionalities. PIN Lock, redelegation, and many more features will be pushed to the wallets in the near future without a requirement to update manually.
We have also worked on a data hashing smart contract that will be used in Afghanistan and elsewhere; this is free-to-use, open-source technology for anyone to integrate into their dApps or services.
- Added performance testing scripts and metrics: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/compare/develop…devintegral:perf-testing
- Added performance testing README: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/lachesis_launch/blob/perf-testing/perf-testing/README.md
- Avoided detecting a duplicating instance until an instance is fully synchronized with the network: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/pull/489
- Changed utils: https://github.com/devintegral/go-lachesis/commit/95fc15393157ccf1fc6ad5cfd29a6bf742f3f1ec
- Added flag and methods for transfer delegation and stakers rewards to fUSD: https://github.com/devintegral3/fantom-sfc/commit/d9ce592c282a88a04e475d04d7daf1532a209354
- Ran performance tests to check whether it is possible to increase the TPS of the nodes by changing the internal parameters of using GAS. Found that TPS could be increased by 20% on a single machine, which should increase dramatically on more machines.
- Fix stochastic method for choosing parent events: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/pull/492
- Modified SFC to allow for different rewards rates based on lockup periods selected by users: https://github.com/devintegral2/fantom-sfc/commit/4db9a004be98648663ee2982c9d40abb0869e503
- Added in unit tests for Oracle: https://github.com/devintegral5/oracle-backend/commit/df6dfda01d8d517f35f7fc958bdc483322f55390
- Added wallet link to navigation: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/fantom-ui/commit/18724fffac01f28e85446baf3e1894583be0b7d9
- Added PWA Wallet installation guide on the homepage: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/fantom-metamask/commit/aca22b81ee3937e0c587fc5d63cdd1ee1b6b6160#diff-f0325aeca6be8d3b40f06809ca04f550
- Added in BNBridge API integration, fixed gas limits and max epochs for claiming rewards; added various styles and components: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/fantom-metamask/commits/master
- Updated GraphQL APIs to match updated SFC: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/fantom-api-graphql/commits/master
- Created a smart contract for hashing data: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/data-hashing-authentication/commits/master