FTM holders can participate in Marlin FlowMint and earn MPOND
Starting December 14, Fantom holders can claim a share of 20% MPOND in Marlin’s StakeDrop.
Fantom joins Cosmos, Iris, Polkadot, Matic, and NEAR in participating in FlowMint, a mechanism to distribute Marlin tokens (MPOND) amongst token holders of different blockchains who stake towards eligible validators.
Only delegators to validator nodes who are participating in the initiative can claim the MPOND tokens.
What is Marlin?
Marlin is a secure platform-agnostic networking protocol that enables faster transmission of blocks and transactions between miners and incentivizes full nodes, making web3 experiences smoother and cheaper. It is interoperable with a wide range of consensus algorithms. Marlin’s backed by Binance Labs, Electric Capital, ArringtonXRP, Fenbushi and others in its mission to scale blockchains at layer-0.
To be eligible, validators are required to run Marlin gateway nodes and actively send and receive blocks via the Marlin network which at the moment acts complimentary to the native P2P mechanism.
Interested validators may get their addresses whitelisted by registering here.
Once registered, the entered addresses will appear on https://app.marlin.pro/flowmint/validators for delegators to check if their validators are participating or if they should redelegate to another participating validator.
Note that the gateway for Fantom is still undergoing testing and will be made available at https://www.marlin.pro/docs/testnet/Gateway/#fantom. Feel free to register now. You will receive an email once the gateway is ready for installation.
Marlin Discord server is the best place to seek technical assistance.
Quick steps for delegators
- Install Metamask or a WalletConnect enabled wallet
- Add the following RPC endpoint for Matic: https://rpc-mainnet.matic.network (Chain Id: 137).
- Make sure you delegate to a whitelisted validator as displayed on https://app.marlin.pro/flowmint/validators for your chain of interest.
Check out https://fantom.foundation/how-to-use-fantom-wallet/ to learn more about delegations on Fantom.
You are now ready to bind your stake.
- Go to app.marlin.pro/flowmint. You can see your MPOND balance and any unclaimed on MPOND on the homepage (once logged in and bonded – steps below).
- Click on Connect Wallet on the top-right and choose an appropriate option: Metamask or Connect Wallet. Make sure the correct Matic RPC network is chosen. On some browsers, Metamask doesn’t automatically open if the network chosen on Metamask is different (for eg. Ethereum Mainnet or Kovan).
- Click on Dive in and click the Select button below an appropriate chain.
- Enter the Matic address where you wish to receive MPOND. Ideally this should be the address created or imported via Metamask or WalletConnect so that you can view your MPOND balances and even claim them. However, it need not necessarily be the same.
- Enter your native chain address you use for staking or delegations. You will get a prompt saying “0% Staked <token> are eligible for rewards” if you are not staking using this address at all or are delegating to a non-whitelisted validator. You can still continue with the bonding process and later change your delegation.
- Click on Generate Address and swipe the slider.
- Make a 0 (or a very low) value transfer to the address shown in the previous step from the address specified earlier.
That’s all! Every time you click Select, you will now be redirected to the Harvest page if you are logged in using the same ETH address. You’ll be able to see your unclaimed MPOND balance and claim it by clicking on the Harvest button.
Important Legal Note
Marlin Labs (the “Company”) makes no representation or warranty with respect to the value of the Marlin Tokens issued, and the Company disclaims all warranties with respect to, including without limitation the generation of value, listing on any exchange, increase or decrease of value, loss of value and any other matters with respect to the value of Marlin Tokens. To be clear, the Marlin Tokens are not intended to be purchased as investments, nor should they be construed as such.
None of the information provided herein constitutes advice of any sort, including tax, legal, financial or any other advice, nor does it constitute a recommendation to purchase or use any product or service.
When Users transfer or sell the Marlin Tokens, tax may be imposed. Users shall be solely responsible for all procedures and payments of tax incurred by them, and the Company shall not be responsible therefore.