Fantom General Update | January 17 2022
Starting off the first general update of the year with a bang!
Looking back at 2021
Whether you missed some of the most important events last year or want to relive them, read our recap of 2021.
- Network growth: Daily transactions increased by 18,650 to 850k daily tx now. Unique addresses grew from 5,000 to 1,600,000.
- TVL grew to $7 billion
- On-chain governance went live in January and FTMScan got released, offering a familiar experience to users and developers
- Ethereum dApps such as Curve made their way to Fantom. Plus, a number of high-quality native Fantom projects launched and grew rapidly throughout all sectors, from DEXs to lending, vaults and more.
- The Fantom Foundation and Quantum Fintech Group partnered with F1™ driver Pierre Gasly.
- Fantom launched a 370M FTM incentive program to support DeFi protocols and Blockchain gaming/NFT protocols on the Fantom network.
Also, big shoutout to Coin98 for their Fantom 2021 Year in Review.
Mainnet FTM supported by Binance US
Big news for our US community! You can now buy, deposit and withdraw mainnet FTM on Binance US.
Andre’s and Daniele’s new project launching on Fantom soon
- Features different AMM curves for stable swaps and swaps between uncorrelated assets
- Permissionless support for Gauges & Bribes
- Lockers will earn 100% of all fees generated, on pools they vote for
- Lockers won’t get diluted by LP rewards
- The more tokens get locked, the lower emissions
- Locked tokens are represented by NFTs
More info here
Final commit sent off for peer reviews, audits, and third party reviews.
Target of TVL snapshot end of next week.
One week for voting (and bribes), and then emission starts.
Website will be up next week.
Launching on 👻
— Andre Cronje 👻🐸 (@AndreCronjeTech) January 11, 2022
Multichain adds cross-chain swaps for Fantom
You can now swap asset A on chain 1 to asset B on chain 2 using Multichain. For example, swap USDC on BSC to FTM on Fantom. Easier, cheaper!
🥳 this has been over a year in the making, amazing to finally see it on-chain! @MultichainOrg can now support arbitrary swaps from Asset A on chain 1 to Asset B on chain 2. Don't have FTM? Simply swap ETH (ethereum) and receive FTM (fantom)
This is a big change once scaled up https://t.co/kaN3VP9QKi
— Andre Cronje 👻🐸 (@AndreCronjeTech) January 7, 2022
Movr adds Fantom support to its metabridge
With FundMovr, you can swap assets cross-chain seamlessly. FundMovr aggregates all bridges, DEXs, and DEX aggregators to simplify your bridging experience.
Binance supports FTM as collateral for loans
Binance Loans allows you to borrow money against your FTM holdings.
Arab Bank Switzerland adds FTM custody and brokerage
With custody and brokerage services, institutional clients have it easier to get exposure to FTM.
In the last few weeks we have seen an explosion of TVL. With $7 billion, Fantom is the 6th biggest network by TVL.
This brought a lot of new attention to the Fantom ecosystem. FTM took Rank 1 on LunarCrush on January 12. CoinDesk reported about yield farming on Fantom. Ecosystem projects also received interest, with Yahoo publishing a news article about FantomStarter.
- On Web3 infrastructure, a reply to Moxie’s article about web3.
- wtf is web3
- PayPal is exploring stablecoins
📣 We are hiring! If you have social media management experience, are a crypto-native and love Fantom, this is the perfect role for you.